Kimberly and Tamara both took their families to Southwest Montana this summer. On this week’s episode we talk about our trips and bring on a very special guest to share her favorite family adventures in Montana.
ON THE PODCAST
00:45- Tamara’s latest trip to Montana.
02:20- Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Park
08:40- Life on the Nine Quarter Circle Ranch
10:30- Dude ranch meal times.
12:37- Kim’s latest trip to Montana
14:06- Hiking in Helena, Montana
15:09- Museum of the Rockies
16:26- Zip lining in Montana
18:34- Ghost Town
23:06- Altitude trouble
27:02- Special guest Lizzy
27:57- Horseback riding adventures
33:58- Gold panning and Sapphire mining
37:05- Zip lining
39:27- Lizzy’s favorite travel gear
42:00- App of the Week
43:54- SHOUT OUT to Suzy!
TIPS FOR VISITING MONTANA WITH KIDS
- Nine Quarter Circle Ranch is about 45 minutes to an hour away from the south entrance of Yellowstone National Park. With the closeness you can go to both Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Park before going to the dude ranch.
- Mealtimes at the dude ranch was served family style. If you have a really picky eater or allergies definitely ask about the ranch’s ability to cater to dietary restrictions ahead of time.
- If you visit Helena, you should hike Mount Helena, which only takes about a half hour to climb. At the summit you could see the beautiful rural country scenery then on the other side you could see the whole Helena city center.
- Museum of the Rockies in Bozeman, Montana, has a huge dinosaur display.
- Plan on going horseback riding if you are visiting Montana — horseback riding is better than Disney World according to Lizzy. It is beautiful to be out in the middle of nowhere just on the back of a horse.
- You can also zip line, tube, white water raft, hike and fly fish.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Lizzie’s favorite travel gear includes leggings, yoga pants or sweatpants, along with t-shirts and sweatshirts.
APP OF THE WEEK
Tamara recommends the REI app for the National Parks. It shows you the “gems” of each park, helps identify family-friendly hikes, and shows you how long and difficult each hike is so you can plan your day.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#