This past weekend, Kim and Tamara, along with their families, visited the Great Wolf Lodge in Grand Mound, Washington and Fitchburg, Massachusetts to experience its “howliday” Snowland festivities. They swap stories about their weekends and trade notes on the differences and similarities between the two resorts. This week, their girls, Lizzy, Mia and Hannah share their thoughts about the weekend.
ON THE PODCAST
:40 Kim and Tamara swap stories about their weekends at the Great Wolf Lodge
2:05 Differences in the water parks
5:48 Snowland Suites
8:22 Special delivery from Wiley
9:53 Violet shows up at Scooops
10:40 Snow showers in the lobby
12:12 Holiday decorations
15:00 One or two nights?
16:39 Hannah, Lizzy and Mia share their favorite slide
18:03 The girls talk about Snowland
19:41 Scooops spa
21:00 Waterpark fun
25:07 Oliver’s Mining Experience
27:30 Glow golf
29:07 Breakfast options
29:58 Life-size gingerbread house
32:45 What is the best age for the Great Wolf Lodge?
36:42 Tip of the Week
37:49 Shout out to Suzy!!
38:25 Thank you to the Great Wolf Lodge
38:45 Next week: Lonely Planet’s top pick to visit in 2017
KID’S FAVORITES AT THE GREAT WOLF LODGE
- Hannah, Lizzy and Mia all loved the Howlin’ Tornado slide the best
- Everyone had a good time at the Scooops spa and they loved smelling like vanilla or chocolate afterwards (plus the ice cream!)
- MagicQuest was a hit with Mia and she is ready to go back and try ShadowQuest
- Mia and Lizzy also enjoyed Oliver’s Mining Experience
- Everyone thought it was pretty neat to eat in the life-sized gingerbread house
- Lizzy and Mia had fun playing Glow Golf
- The Wolf Paw waffles and the breakfast buffet was a big hit!
- Everyone can’t wait to go back and think it is a good option for kids ages 5-15
TIP OF THE WEEK
Food can add up at the Great Wolf Lodge but all rooms are equipped with a fridge and microwave and many families will bring a cooler and eat a meal or two in the room. Even if you just heat up leftovers, it is still a savings!
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
Note: We were hosted by the Great Wolf Lodge so we could experience Snowland and all the Great Wolf Lodge has to offer families. As you can hear, our opinions are completely our own.