This week, we are sharing our top family travel planning tips and Kim has a very special announcement!
ON THE PODCAST
00:29 – Tamara and Kim talk about family travel planning
05:20 – Where to start your planning
11:07 – Kim’s research sources
11:50 – Where to find places to eat
15:42 – Visitors Bureau
16:53 – Guide books. Yes or No?
17:57 – Digital maps vs. paper maps
19:38 – Getting kids into travel planning
20:47 – Announcing Wanderlist
30:36 – Wanderlist Giveaway!!
34:00 – SHOUT OUT!
TOP FAMILY TRAVEL PLANNING TIPS
- The first step is figuring out where you want to go
- Once you have a destination in mind, start reading blogs and guidebooks to get an idea of what you want to do at your destination
- It helps to use Pinterest to save articles about potential destinations
- Once you know what you want to do, use Google Maps to map them out to figure out what you want to do when
- On Google Maps make sure to Star/Save the places that you want to go (restaurants, museums, etc) for easy reference later
- Be sure to go back and read about each attraction so you know what days they are open, hours, prices and any other tips
- Use TripAdvisor, Yelp, OpenTable and Google Maps (Nearby) to find local restaurants
- Booking reservations for dinners beforehand can make your tip a little easier on the whole family.
- Make packing lists and use check lists so you don’t forget those last minute tasks before you leave such as:
- taking out the trash
- pet care
- food that will go bad while gone
Kim has recently launched a new family travel planning book called Wanderlist. Wanderlist is the answer for helping you plan a vacation and stay organized. Filled with travel tips and worksheets, you’ll plan your best vacation yet! Plus, the journaling section helps create a long lasting memory keeper of your trip. You can buy Wanderlist today, or, enter to win a free copy! Just leave a comment below and tell us where you want to go next or your favorite family travel destination.
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!