Barcelona is a great city to visit with kids and Nancy from Enchanting Barcelona Tours shares her favorite spots and tips on visiting Barcelona with kids on this week’s podcast episode.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Kim and Tamara chat about Kim’s trip to California
16:25 – About Nancy Daum Dailey
18:20 – Tips for families traveling in Barcelona
18:40 – Barcelona vs. Madrid
20:28 – Spanish in Barcelona
22:07 – How many days to spend in Barcelona
23:54 – Size of Spain
24:38 – How to travel in Spain
25:53 – Must see spots in Barcelona
29:27 – Outside activities for kids
31:05 – Where to stay
34:17 – Recommended sit down restaurants
36:03 – Best time to visit
38:10 – Best place to take a family photo
39:40 – Tour guide or not?
44:00 – Favorite travel gear
45:57 – Tip of the week
49:40 – WINNER of Kim’s book!
ABOUT NANCY DAUM DAILEY
Nancy is originally from Maryland, but has lived in Spain since 1994. She led educational trips for young people throughout Spain & Portugal for 8 years before launching her own company, Enchanting Barcelona Tours, in 2011 specializing in kid focused tours & experiences.
TIPS FOR VISITING BARCELONA WITH KIDS
- In comparison, the atmosphere of Barcelona is like San Francisco, Boston or Paris, while IN Madrid the atmosphere is more like New York City.
- A good combination with traveling to Barcelona would be to go to Costa Brava which is a coastal region of Spain.
- Comparative to US states, Spain is slightly smaller than the size of Texas.
- The high speed train is a great way to get around Spain from city to city.
- Once you are in a city be prepared to walk a lot. Though for kids you may want to look into bringing a scooter with you. Your kids will be less tired of walking and it will add some fun to the journey.
- There are places to rent bikes and ride along the boardwalk, as well as parks to visit and Europe’s oldest amusement park.
- Mid-July to August tends to be the hottest time of the year. But in the summertime there is light until about 10:00 PM, and with should a long day you should plan to spend 1 to 4pm inside or at the pool or beach to save your energy for the rest of the day.
BEST PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY PHOTO
In Front of one of the Gaudi buildings or the fountain in the park are great places for a family photo.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Nancy likes to wear black a lot and will not travel without her ‘Camper’ shoes, which are a Spanish brand. They are lightweight and you can walk around in them for miles!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Using Coffee Break Spanish was a great way to learn specific areas of the language. Like greetings, ordering at restaurants, etc.
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.