With so many accommodation options at Walt Disney World — from value, moderate and deluxe to villas and off-site hotels and vacation rentals — making a choice can be overwhelming. This week we chat with Kelly Stilwell, one of our Disney experts, to get her take on the best places to stay in Disney.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Talking with Tamara about Orlando theme parks
05:30 – Universal Orlando Resort’s Volcano Bay
06:33 – Pandora – new at Animal Kingdom
09:32 – Fireworks Star Wars dessert party
12:55 – Talking with Kelly about Disney hotels
16:15 – Different Disney hotel resorts
22:28 – Kelly’s favorite resorts
33:20 – When to book and deals
37:38 – Festivals at Epcot
42:20 – Favorite travel gear
45:12 – App of the week
ABOUT KELLY STILWELL
Kelly Stilwell is the writer, photographer and social media influencer behind Food, Fun & Faraway Places. A former stockbroker, Kelly discovered she is passionate about food and travel and loves sharing the fun with her readers. Follow Kelly on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, and Pinterest.
CHOOSING A DISNEY WORLD HOTEL
- There are over 25 Disney resort hotel locations, with more to come.
- These resorts are divided into four types; value, moderate, deluxe and villas.
- The Value resorts are the most affordable while the Moderate are a little nicer.
- The rooms are not much bigger in the Moderate compared to the Value resorts, just a little nicer.
- There is a big jump from the Moderate resorts to the Deluxe resorts.
- The Villas are what you would think of as a condo.
- The Beach Club is a favorite in the Deluxe category and Art of Animation is popular in the Value category.
- There is a lot to be said for staying on site in Disney. It may cost a bit more, but for first time visitor this would be a great experience for you and your kids.
- If you are a foodie you may want to look into the different festivals that they have at Epcot.
- Make sure you are spending some time relaxing on your vacation. Spending all of your time at the parks is very exhausting especially for your kids.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Kelly can not stress enough the importance of wearing comfortable shoes! She also tends to carry a sweater with her. Though it may be really hot and sweaty outside, when you go indoors with air conditioning blasting it can get pretty chilly.
APPS OF THE WEEK
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.