This week, Kim and Tamara chat about one of the United States’ prettiest white sand beaches (that most people don’t know about!) Find out why the Alabama beaches should be on your family vacation radar.
ON THE PODCAST
00:33 – Talking with Kim and Tamara about white sand beaches in Alabama
02:07 – Towns along the coast
03:57 – Differences between the two beaches
08:06 – Adventurous experiences
11:38 – Tamara’s dolphin and sunset cruise
15:25 – Ziplining experience
16:13 – Bike riding in Gulf State Park
17:00 – GolfQuest Maritime Museum
18:55 – Favorite food places
32:45 – Tip of the week
TIPS FOR VISITING THE ALABAMA BEACHES
- Orange Beach and Gulf Shores Alabama have beautiful white sand beaches and are not well known outside of the south.
- Dauphin Island is another one of the popular beaches in the area.
- Orange Beach has more high rise rental properties and a lot of restaurants. Gulf Shores is more laid back with surf shops, mini golf and other things like that.
- Sunset cruises are better when you are trying to see dolphins. They are more active in the evening and during the day, the sun light makes it hard to see them and get good photos.
- GulfQuest Maritime Museum is a bit far from the beach areas, but if you are looking for a indoor activity to do if it’s raining or you just need to get out of the sun for a day, this is a great place to go. The museum itself is laid out similarly to an actual ship. Instead of being called floor one, floor two, est. they are named deck one, deck two, etc.
TIP OF THE WEEK
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#