Have you wanted to plan a camping vacation but you aren’t quite ready for tent camping? Maybe a camper van is the answer. Shannon from TV Traveler shares her family’s experience and tips on a family campervan vacation.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Talking with Tamara about her recent trip to Copper Mountain, CO
12:48 – Talking with Shannon about the camper van experience
14:25 – Road trip through California
15:07 – What is a camper van?
17:57 – Driving the camper van
19:17 – Set up your camping site
28:10 – Reserving a camping site
30:28 – Camper vans with kids
31:25 – Camper van vs. hotel room
32:37 – Tips for first time camper van rentals
38:43 – App of the week
ABOUT SHANNON ENTIN
Shannon Entin is a travel and entertainment writer and podcaster. She loves active, outdoor adventures as well as road trips to TV and movie filming locations. Whether you’re looking for your next travel adventure or your next binge-watch, check out Shannon at TheTVTraveler.com and StingerPodcast.com.
CAMPERVAN FAMILY VACATION TIPS
- The Jucy Camper Vans (or mini RVs) are set up mostly like a regular van. They have extra cushions for transform the inside into a bed that can sleep two. There is also an added pop up tent on top that can also sleep two. You will also find a kitchen set up in the trunk area of the van.
- Finding room for the luggage is a little tricky. Packing in duffle bags is the best tip for fitting your luggage better, because you can squish your bags into smaller areas.
- The van is 17ft long, so some campgrounds will be fine for you have a regular camp site while others you may need to rent a RV camp spot. You need to call ahead to find out how large the standard camping space is.
- The van is a lot like camping but you will still have to bring other camping essentials like flash lights or a head lamps. You may also want to bring some fire starters.
- Try the best you can to bring your own sleeping bags and pillows because the bed set that you can get from the van rental takes up a LOT of room in the the van.
APP OF THE WEEK
Gas Buddy is a great way to find the nearest gas station along with their gas prices.
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!