We are back from our girlfriend getaway to El Paso, Texas and we have so much to share about our experience. This was a great destination for a girl’s trip for active ladies that also love shopping, wine and good food.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Talking with Kim and Tamara
06:29 – Hotels in El Paso
10:05 – Enjoying the food
21:08 – Exploring El Paso
22:15 – Cowboy boot factory
26:30 – Downtown street art
27:35 – Wine tasting
30:32 – Golfing experience
33:55 – Visiting a copper mine
39:22 – ATVing in red sand
43:48 – Aerial tramway
VISITING EL PASO
- El Paso is famous for their cowboy boots. Lucchese has a factory in El Paso where you can take a tour and learn everything that goes into making cowboy boots. The drawings and designs, the colors, the material. All of the thought that is put into each hand made boot. After visiting the factory there are three different outlets where you can buy their boots in El Paso.
- There are some great murals in the downtown area, which is not super busy and it is not hard to find parking.
- If you are even a little bit interested in golf, El Paso has a brand new Topgolf facility. You rent a bay and you take turns hitting the ball into nets which will electronically calculate your points. The facility is also a bar and restaurant and has great food. Keep in mind the prices will go up later in the day and on the weekends.
- In Franklin Mountain State Park you can tour a copper mine. If you are claustrophobic you may be a bit uncomfortable in the beginning since you have to crawl through a small hole but once you pass that there is plenty of room inside of the cavern.
- Wine lovers can go wine tasting at Zin Valle or cross into New Mexico at La Viña.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!