Does the winter cold have you dreaming of an island getaway? This week Kim and Tara from Pint Size Pilot share their recent experiences on the island of Barbados. Learn everything you need to know about planning a Barbados vacation with kids.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Presenting sponsor Rosetta Stone
01:21 – Talking with Tara Cannon
03:46 – Tara’s vacations to Barbados
05:33 – Best time to go to Barbados
07:29 – Popular areas to stay on the island
12:15 – The people of Barbados
14:13 – Beaches in Barbados
14:55 – Tara’s favorite hotels
19:22 – Restaurants/local foods
24:04 – What to see/do in Barbados
26:08 – Spas in Barbados
30:40 – Getting around the island
34:53 – Final tips for visiting Barbados
42:20 – Where to take a family photo
47:07 – Tara’s favorite travel gear
50:12 – Where Tara is going next
53:30 – Kim’s upcoming vacations
SPONSOR: ROSETTA STONE
Are you planning an international trip next year? Now is the time to start learning a new language with Rosetta Stone. The Rosetta Stone language learning system prepares you to use your new language skills in the real world. Rosetta Stone uses visual cues and its Dynamic Immersion system to develop practical conversational skills.
With an emphasis on speaking, you will feel confident using your new language skills when traveling abroad. This holiday season, why not gift your family (or yourself) a three, six, 12, or even a 24-month subscription for as little as under $11 per month!
You can learn on the go with the Rosetta Stone mobile app with features like downloadable lessons for learning offline and an audio companion for environments where you can listen but not speak aloud.
Visit RosettaStone.com to sign up today.
ABOUT TARA CANNON
Tara Cannon is the owner of Pint Size Pilot – a Family Travel Adventure Blog dedicated to taking the fear out of exploring the world with kids. Follow Tara on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest.
TIPS PLANNING A BARBADOS VACATION
- Mid December to the end of April is high season to visit Barbados, which is when the weather is the best and it is dry season so you don’t get much tropical rain.
- Hurricane season is between August and September but being as the island is farther out of the path of hurricanes, there is slightly less of a chance that there will be a storm compared to the other Caribbean Islands.
- Keep in mind that vacationing to this island will get a bit pricey. If it is right for you be sure to look into all -inclusive resorts.
- If you don’t have it in your budget to rent a car, or you don’t feel confident enough to navigate around the island, the Barbados bus system is cheap and not to bad to use. Though if you are traveling with young kids it may not be the best option since you will be carting so much stuff around.
- There is no issue with language since English is widely spoken on the island.
- Keep in mind that wearing camouflage is illegal and reserved only for their military. They will confiscate it as well as drones if found in customs.
BEST PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY PHOTO
Tara has used Flytographer to book a photographer to take photos on the west coast. You can surely take your own sunset shot on the beaches of the west coast. You will just need to be a little creative with your lighting to light the faces of your family. Hilton Barbados has a great area to play around with family photos!
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Tara loves to wear her bathing suit underneath a romper so that she can stop whenever she finds a great spot to go in the water. She also likes to be prepared and packs a bag with towels and sunscreen to keep in the car for those potential stops.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#