We are so happy you want to listen to the Vacation Mavens podcast! If you are new to listening to podcasts, don’t worry, we were all beginners sometime.
Listening on your Phone or Tablet
We know you are busy running between work, kids, errands, activities and if you finally have time to sit down with your glass of wine and relax you may want to turn on Netflix instead of booting up your computer to listen to the Vacation Mavens.
Luckily there are so many ways to listen to podcasts from your mobile phone or tablet and we can keep you company while you drive, shop, workout, or just want to block out the world. We get it. Hopefully we can give you some good info to get your vacation planning jump-started and a couple of laughs along the way.
Here is how you get started.
How to Listen to Podcasts on your iPhone or iPad
Click here to find Vacation Mavens in the iTunes store or:
- On your device, open up that purple Podcasts app.
- Tap on the magnifying glass on the bottom right to search.
- Type Vacation Mavens into the search bar up top and tap to search.
- You will see “shows” and “episodes”. Tap on the Vacation Mavens graphic under “Shows” to see all of our episodes and subscribe. Otherwise, you can choose an individual episode below and tap the “+” to add it to your library. Just remember that unless you subscribe, you won’t get new episodes automatically downloaded to your device.
- After you have tapped on the Vacation Mavens podcast cover under Shows, tap on the purple “Subscribe” button.
- Now all new episodes will be downloaded as soon as they go live. You can also tap the little cloud next to each episode name to download past episodes.
- Now look at your bottom menu and tap Listen Now.
- Vacation Mavens will now appear in your list. Just select which episode you want to listen to, plug in your headphones and tap play!
How to listen to podcasts on your Android device
There are many ways to listen to podcasts on an Android device. The simplest is the following:
- Go to the Google Play store and search for the Stitcher app and download it.
- Open up Stitcher and in the search bar up top, type in Vacation Mavens.
- Once you find us, click on our graphic.
- On the show page, tap the “+” icon in the upper right to subscribe.
- Hit play.
How to listen to podcasts on your Windows Phone
- On Start, tap Marketplace and then Podcasts.
- Tap the search magnifying glass and type in Vacation Mavens and hit enter.
- Flick left or right to learn more and tap subscribe to subscribe.
- Change download settings (if desired) and tap confirm.
- To listen, on Start, tap Music + Videos, and flick to Zune and then tap Podcasts.
- Tap the image with the play button.
How to listen to podcasts on your Computer
A simple way to listen is to go to the blog post /show notes for the episode you want to listen to and click play on the player.
But what hat you really want to do is SUBSCRIBE so that you can listen every week.
There are two ways to subscribe on your computer.
- Subscribe via the iTunes store.
- Subscribe via RSS if you don’t have an iTunes account.
How to subscribe to podcasts via iTunes
- Open the iTunes application.
- Click on iTunes store at the top of the page.
- On the right it will say Music with a drop down arrow. Click to show the drop down.
- Click on Podcasts.
- In the search box in the upper right type Vacation Mavens and hit enter.
- When you see Vacation Mavens, click on the graphic.
- Click on the subscribe button below the graphic.
- Now you are subscribed.
- In the upper left hand corner of the iTunes app, click on the Podcasts icon (or the … to show a drop down.)
- Here you will find all your podcasts, select an episode and click play!
Subscribe via Stitcher — see the Vacation Mavens on Stitcher and add us to your playlist!
Subscribe via RSS — if you know what this is, you are probably techie enough that you don’t need directions either.