Thinking about planning a cruise with your family but not sure which cruise line is best? Amber from Global Munchkins shares her best tips on cruising with kids including picking a boat, planning your activities, and packing for a cruise.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Kim’s girlfriend getaway
08:03 – Wine tasting experience
11:58 – Talking with Amber Mamian
16:54 – Favorite Cruise Lines
21:27 – How to Pick a Cruise
25:42 – Cruise Excursions (or not)?
28:00 – Cruise Ship Waiting for you!?
31:00 – Tips for Booking a Cruise
34:50 – Tips for Cruising with Kids
39:56 – Things to Pack
41:34 – What does Amber wear when she travels
44:26 – Tip of the week
46:05 – SHOUT OUT
ABOUT AMBER MAMIAN
Amber Mamian is a freelance writer, family travel expert and founder of GlobalMunchkins.com. She is also a mom to five amazing kids through both birth and adoption and crazy passionate about finding deals that allow her to continue her luxury travel lifestyle with kids in tow. You can follow Amber’s travels on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
TIPS FOR CRUISING WITH KIDS
- Disney Cruise Line is great for younger kids but Amber (and Kim’s) new favorite is Norwegian Cruise Line. They have great food and excellent activities for families. With a lot of kids, it is a great idea to book adjoining cabins.
- Looking at the activities and the ship layout is a great way to narrow down what cruise to take. Not so much the destination, especially when traveling with kids.
- The newer ships have the best options when it comes to activities for the kids and the whole family.
- When it comes to excursions you can either book through the line or through a third party. It is best to look these things up beforehand. Cruise Critic is a great site for finding both. You will save lots of money booking third party, but take care to check the reviews before booking.
- Cruising with kids can be nerve racking for the first time. Rest assure, it is safe and outside of the possibility of motion sickness, your kids will have a lot of fun.
- Be sure to pack some cash for tipping at the kids club on the ship.
- For that very first day of the cruise be sure to take a carry on bag with sunscreen, swimsuit and things like that, because your luggage will take awhile to be put into the rooms and for the rooms to be open. This way you will be able to utilize the pool and est. Most people don’t think of this so the pool is pretty empty.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
According to Amber and her family, ‘Rainbow Sandals’ are great sandals that don’t hurt your feet.
TIP OF THE WEEK
If you going on a cruise you can use an ‘over the door’ shoe organizer. Everyone will get a row to keep their flip flops, lanyards, ID card, sunscreen, est.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!