Are you dreaming of beautiful sunsets and white sand beaches? We have you covered this week as we chat with Harmony Skillman about visiting Naples Florida.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Kim and Tamara chat about travel plans for 2018
09:50 – About Harmony Skillman
12:10 – Where is Naples?
15:20 – Tips on getting to Naples and getting around
17:43 – How long to spend there
18:36 – Must do activities
21:20 – Beaches in Naples
23:08 – Day trip options
25:22 – Places to stay
26:35 – Downtown area
27:03 – Food experiences
30:08 – Money saving tips
32:04 – Where to take a family photo
33:12 – Favorite travel gear
35:55 – Tip of the week
38:12 – Shoutout!!
ABOUT HARMONY SKILLMAN
Harmony Skillman is the author of the family travel website, Momma To Go. She lives on Long Island, New York and when not online enjoys hanging with her two kids, running, and building her math tutoring business. Follow Harmony on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
TIPS FOR VISITING NAPLES FLORIDA
- If you are looking for a rainy day activity, there is a great children’s museum in Naples called the Golisano. This museum has a lot of fun activities and play areas along with different exhibits to explore.
- In the same area as the Golisano Museum there is a water park called the Sun-N-Sun Lagoon. The water park has some great waterslides as well as a lazy river, splash pools, activity pool and even just a regular lap pool with a diving board.
- If you like to watch baseball, both the Boston Red Socks and the Minnesota Twins have spring training facilities in the Fort Myers area. If you are there in February or March you can go to these games!
- Cirella’s is a great family-friendly Italian restauarant.
- If you are traveling in the winter time it is definitely recommended to make dinner reservations.
- Iguana Mia is also a great restaurant to visit while in the Naples area. They serves some great Mexican food along with their amazing Margaritas. You can’t miss the large lit up Cactus when driving by on route 41.
- If you are looking for someplace sweet, be sure to try the Royal Scoop. They create some really interesting flavors of ice cream and offer some crazy sundae combinations.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Harmony loves to wear Lulu Lemon pants that have lots of pockets along with a sweatshirt.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Most people don’t’ think about this, but you are not supposed to wrap gifts when you are traveling on a plane. TSA may need to inspect them so they may not stay wrapped. Some airports offer a gift wrapping service past the security area.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!