Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Maine…there is nothing quite like fall in New England. This is the time when the foliage is at its peak, the air is crisp and the apples are crisper. What a perfect time to visit for hikes, festivals, and scenic drives. Get the inside scoop with Vermonter Dana Freeman from Dana Freeman Travels.
ON THE PODCAST
00:40- Tamara’s trip to Cape Cod
06:10- Marriott Hotels partnering with Ted Talks
11:55- About Dana Freeman
14:50- Best time to go to Vermont
16:36- Fall Festivals
20:15- What is New England anyway?
21:10- Sightseeing suggestions
30:00- Avoiding the major crowds
32:07- Best place to take a family photo
33:40- Apple to iPods
34:15- Favorite Travel Gear
41:10- SHOUT OUTS
ABOUT DANA FREEMAN
Dana Freeman is an entrepreneur, freelance journalist, and the editor behind Dana Freeman Travels. On her blog she provides reviews of destinations and hotels around the world. Dana specializes in Vermont, Skiing, Family Travel, Luxury Travel and Adventure Travel. You can follow Dana on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
ENJOYING FALL IN NEW ENGLAND
- Best time to travel to Vermont is mid-September to mid-October during peak foliage season. November in Vermont is known as ‘Stick Season’ because the leaves are gone and there isn’t any snow yet.
- Fall Festivals start in the beginning or middle of September.
- The Keene Pumpkin Festival is on October 22nd, they light up hundreds of pumpkins. Rhode Island also offers the ‘Jack O’Lantern Spectacular’ at the Roger Williams Zoo in Providence.
- Take advantage of events that are at different ski resorts. They have mountain coasters, ziplining, gondolas, mountain biking, etc.
- Stowe Pinnacle trail in Vermont is a great spot for hiking. The summit is an amazing view, you can see Mount Mansfield, the Waterbury Reservoir and the Worcester Range.
- If you have little kids Mount Philo is a great trail to hike, located in Charlotte, Vermont. It has a road that all the way to the top, so if you have a stroller you can go up that way.
- Check out the Happy Vermont site for scenic roads to travel on.
BEST PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY PHOTO
If you want beautiful scenery and lots of color, the best place for a family photo is from the top of a mountain. Whether you take a hike or get up some other way, you can have the colorful mountains behind you as a backdrop.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
TIP OF THE WEEK
AAA is good for more than just discounts. Members get free maps, tour books and customized route plans, which are so fun for kids to flip through and track your roadtrip in the car.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.