Do you have the winter blues? It is time to start thinking about a trip to a somewhere warm. This week we chat with Jodi Grundig about planning a Grand Cayman vacation.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Kim and Tamara chat about winter travel and the winter blues
02:42 – Warm Weather Vacation Experiences
09:54 – About Jodi Grundig
16:28 – Where to Stay in Grand Cayman
18:30 – Beach Access with a Hotel
21:56 – Activities with Kids
26:37 – Getting Around the Island
27:55 – Food Recommendations
29:54 – Best Time to Visit Grand Cayman
31:30 – How to Save Some Money
33:57 – Best Place for a Family Photo
36:24 – Favorite Travel Gear
39:50 – App of the Week
ABOUT JODI GRUNDIG
Jodi Grundig founded Family Travel Magazine in 2011 to help make travel accessible to families. She resides in Massachusetts with her husband, ten-year old son, twelve-year old daughter, and Havanese dog, and has traveled extensively to Europe, the Caribbean, and the U.S. both with and without her children. When she isn’t writing blog posts, Jodi can be found on the softball/baseball field or the theater cheering on her children. Jodi has a BA in Economics and Psychology and an MBA in Finance.
TIPS FOR PLANNING A GRAND CAYMAN VACATION
- Cayman Turtle Centre is a great activity for kids. They have a pool with a water slide and a neat snorkeling area where you can see turtles.
- Rum Point is a beach on the other side of the island that is more focused on locals, but has a beachfront restaurant and a place that you can rent water sport equipment.
- Camana Bay is a newer development that has shops and restaurants, along with a movie theater and a Farmers Market on Wednesdays.
- If you are planning to rent a car in the Cayman Island; note that you have to drive on the left side there. So if you are not comfortable doing that, then you should look into other transportation options.
- Going in the summer the water is warm and there are not as many tourists compared to going in the winter.
BEST PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY PHOTO
Anything on the beach would be great, but getting a family photo at Stingray City is a great opportunity.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Jodi loves her SPF clothes from Lands End that are great when you are trying to keep from getting a sunburn. For walking, she likes her Fit Flops for warm weather. They are comfortable and she can walk anywhere in them.
APP OF THE WEEK
It is the new year so many of us are focused on healthy lifestyle goals. Did you know how much functionality is built into the Health app on your phone? They can track steps, activity and more. Plus, because they are built into your phone they don’t drain your battery like the downloadable health apps.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#