As everyone gets ready to head out on their summer vacations, we are sharing our top packing tips for family travel.
ON THE PODCAST
00:35 – Talking with Kim and Tamara about packing
04:06 – Packing by outfits or not
07:03 – Top packing tips
09:30 – Rolling your clothes for your suitcase
14:38 – Buying new clothes for a trip
16:39 – Shoes when packing
20:30 – Tamara’s travel packing experiences
25:50 – Travel gear
34:58 – Carry on bags
38:20 – Packing for a road trip
42:13 – Kids packing
FAMILY TRAVEL PACKING TIPS
- Number one packing tip is to make a packing list to make sure that you bring everything that you will need.
- Print out this packing list so when you think of those last minute items you can easily write them down. Plus, you can do a last minute check of everything that you have packed by checking items off your list.
- Wearing your bulkiest shoes onto the plane can help you save some room in your luggage for other things.
- A good thing to keep in mind is to pack your jewelry in your carry on or in your personal bag because you never know if something will happen to your checked bags.
- Packing cubes are great for keeping some of you items separated and easily accessible in your suitcase.
- Keep in mind the amount of space at your feet for your carry-on personal bag. Using a backpack may be a great option for you or even a small tote.
- When your kids are old enough you should start them early on having them packing their own bags.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!