Does watching Crazy Rich Asians have you thinking about a trip to Singapore? This week Marianne Rogerson from Mum on the Move and author of Singapore with Kids, joins us to share her experience living in and visiting Singapore.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Talking about Kim’s holiday travels
05:48 – Talking about Tamara’s holiday travels
09:30 – Future travels
15:37 – Talking with Marianne
18:40 – Lay of the land
21:25 – How long to stay
23:12 – When to go to Singapore
24:40 – Hotels in Singapore
27:34 – Top things to do
30:40 – Gardens by the Bay
32:16 – Local culture
37:52 – Changi Airport
38:43 – Local foods to try
44:13 – Best place to take a family photo
45:19 – Marianne’s favorite travel gear
46:38 – Marianne’s upcoming trips
47:56 – Follow Kim and Tamara
ABOUT MARIANNE ROGERSON
Marianne Rogerson writes family travel blog Mum on the Move and is co-founding editor of family travel website Little City Trips. Marianne lived in Asia for 11 years and so her blog focuses heavily on Asia and Australia travel. Her latest book Singapore with Kids has recently been released on Amazon. Follow Marianne on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram.
TIPS FOR VISITING SINGAPORE WITH KIDS
- Singapore used to be more of a stopover destination where people acclimated to Asia before moving on to Thailand, Indonesia, or other points in Southeast Asia.
- Now Singapore is becoming more of a stand-alone destination, or at least a place where people are spending more than a day before moving on.
- You could easily spend a week in Singapore and it makes a great “intro to Asia” destination because everyone speaks English and there is so much to do with kids.
- Singapore weather can be pretty fickle. But since it is tropical you could have a beautiful sunny morning then an afternoon thunderstorm, which will clear up by the evening.
- November into December tends to be a bit more rainy, but for the most part stays the same all year round.
- Sentosa is known as Singapore’s playground. There are a lot of things to do as a family.
- Download the app for Grab which is the Uber in Singapore.
- Don’t leave your hotel without bringing an umbrella of sunscreen!
BEST PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY PHOTO
Marianne suggests heading to the Merlion Statue which is located in Marina Bay.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#