Sure we love to travel with our kids, but sometimes parents need to getaway too! This week we share our suggestions and tips for planning a couples romantic getaway, and some of our favorite trips with our respective partners.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Kim and Tamara talking about couples vacations
03:33 – Kim’s upcoming trip
05:16 – Tamara’s upcoming trip
08:40 – Thoughts behind their trips
13:47 – Kim’s past getaways
16:40 – Wine tasting with or without kids
17:45 – Time away versus at home time
20:28 – Tamara’s past getaways
23:48 – Tips for planning a romantic getaway
TIPS FOR PLANNING A ROMANTIC GETAWAY
- The first thing you want to ask yourselves when planning your couples getaway is… Do you want to have a more relaxing trip or fill your itinerary with things to do?
- Make sure to have your partner plan part of your trip. This can help take the pressure off of you for planning the entire trip give you both responsibility if things don’t go perfectly.
- Look for places that cater to adults. When you are doing your research, make note of the places that say have kids club programs and events for kids. This may have been a great place to stay if you were going as a family but you may want to get away from that on your couples trip.
- Consider where your kids are while you are on your trip. You may want to do a little research on what it would take to get home if there ever happened to be an emergency while you are on your couples getaway.
- Choose something different than what you would normally do for a family trip. That may mean not going to museums on your trip or having a nonstop itinerary.
- Also consider splurging a little on some excursions. It will be cheaper for just the two of you rather that your whole family.
- You may want to think about making sure you have a plan set in case anything were to happen to you and your partner. Make sure whoever is watching your kids know their doctors, allergies, insurance, etc., or even a way for them to get money to cover an expense for your child.
- Budget your trip well so that you can fully relax on your trip without having to worry too much about what you can and can’t afford on your getaway. Planning your budget ahead can help when it comes to the little things that add up throughout your trip.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#. You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!