Want to know what is coming at Disney resorts around the world in 2019 and beyond? Kim and Lesli are just back from the Disney Social Media Moms conference and have the full scoop. We apologize for Tamara’s audio on this episode, we aren’t sure what happened but at least Kim and Leslie do most of the talking.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Intro
01:04 – Talking with Lesli and Kim
01:30 – Disney social media mom’s conference
04:12 – Motion sickness
05:03 – Lesli’s first Disney World experience
08:57 – New Star Wars attractions
09:32 – New themed hotel
11:41 – Disney bounding
13:56 – Immersion of Galaxy’s Edge
16:02 – Toy Story land
17:27 – Disney Skyliner
19:11 – Mickey’s first attraction
20:28 – New Animal Kingdom show
21:58 – Future Epcot changes
23:22 – Disneyland updates
24:43 – Pixar fest
26:05 – New disney movies
31:55 – Art of Marvel hotel
33:44 – Black Panther meet and greet
35:10 – Lands not coming to the US
36:19 – Coming to Hong Kong Disney
ABOUT LESLI PETERSON
Lesli Peterson is Owner, Editor -in-Chief & CEO of 365 Atlanta Family. She made her way to Atlanta over 20 years ago, after living in Germany, Japan and six U.S. states. She relishes the discovery of obscure, offbeat and unwonted places, and she will chat up any willing stranger to uncover a new secret locale. After 18 years in software development, Lesli bailed on the corporate scene. She now serves as the Family Travel Ambassador for Georgia, and freelances for several publications in addition to writing at 365 Atlanta Family. When she’s not traveling, she’s hiking in the mountains or checking out Atlanta’s culinary scene, whiskey in hand.
NEW AT DISNEY
- Coming soon to both Disney World and Disneyland will be Galaxy’s Edge which will be a Star Wars land.
- There will also be a new Star Wars hotel opening which will create a complete immersion experience. It will be like you are being transported to a remote trading port on the edge of space. You will experience the story and characters come to life.
- A Toy Story land will be coming this year to both Disney World and the Shanghai Disney Resort. Though the Shanghai park will be opening first in April while the other will be opening at the end of June.
- The new Skyliner will connect you to Hollywood Studios and Epcot from the Pop Century Resort, the Art of Animation Resort, the Caribbean Beach Resort, along with the Riviera Resort. This will take you over the parks which allows you to get a birds-eye-view of the area.
- Future changes to Disneyland, besides Galaxy’s edge, will revolve around Pixar. Paradise Pier is being redone into a pixar themes sections wich will go along with the Toy Story Midtown Mania.
- A new hotel will be coming to Disney in Paris called the Art of Marvel Hotel. It was explained that Tony Stark would definitely stay at this hotel. Seems like it will be more of a luxury hotel with its feel of walking right into Tony Stark’s high rise.
- There will be two themed lands that will not be coming to the U.S. In Tokyo Disneyland, they will opening a Beauty and the Beast land. Tokyo Disney will also be opening a Baymax ride, which if you don’t remember is the helper bot in the movie Big Hero 6.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#
Feature photo credit: Disney Parks / wdwnews.com