Winter is quickly approaching in the U.S. and that has us thinking about warm weather destinations for winter breaks. This week we are chatting with Kirsten Maxwell from Kids are a Trip about her favorite all-inclusive resorts in Cabo San Lucas and Cancun, Mexico. See why these are great for an affordable, family-friendly vacation destination.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Talking with Kim and Tamara about previous trips to Mexico
12:47 – What to watch out for when you get there
14:47 – Talking with Kirsten Maxwell
16:15 – Experiences in Cabo
24:12 – What to do outside the resorts
26:10 – Staying in Cancun
34:26 – Other areas of Mexico
36:35 – Areas recommended for families
38:25 – What to look for in an all-inclusive resort
42:40 – Kirsten’s favorite travel gear
45:55 – Tip of the week
ABOUT KIRSTEN MAXWELL
Kirsten is the founder of Kids Are A Trip, and writes for Travelocity. A former teacher, she truly believes travel is an education and feels fortunate she can teach her children about different cultures as the family has traveled to 30 countries and counting. A native Phoenician, Kirsten currently lives in Chicago with her husband and three boys. Follow Kirsten on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORTS IN MEXICO
- Be a smart traveler, and be aware of possible scammers when you get to the airport.
- Keep in mind when researching where to stay in Mexico, that most of Cabo does not have swimmable beaches. So if you are not going specifically for the beaches Cabo is a great place to vacation.
- Even though Cabo does not have many swimmable beaches, this is a great place for families to visit since there are so many other activities in close distance to the resorts.
- Cancun has other activities as well they are a lot further away and harder to get to and tends to be more kitschy.
- Cabo also has great wildlife. You can go whale watching, see sea turtles and if you are out on the water at the right time you can even see mobula rays jumping out of the water.
- If you have any questions when you are planning your trip, don’t be afraid to pick to pick up the phone any call. This way you can get all the correct information that may not be listed on a resort’s website.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
Kirstens loves to wear her Yosi Samra ballet flats with her jeans and t-shirts. The flats fold in half so they are great to store in your luggage.
TIP OF THE WEEK
If you have Global Entry be sure to bring the card with you whenever you travel internationally.
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035# You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!