There may not be a more family-friendly, all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean than Beaches Turks and Caicos. This week we dig into the nitty-gritty details with Sarah Pittard at Solo Mom Takes Flight. Learn everything you ever wanted to know about Beaches Turks and Caicos.
ON THE PODCAST
00:32 – Talking about last week’s episode
02:58 – Talking with Sarah
04:33 – Sarah’s visits to Turks and Caicos
06:04 – Layout of property
10:10 – Kim’s time at the resort
11:36 – Renting homes
13:34 – Tamara’s experience
15:38 – Night activities
16:44 – Butler service/concierge level
20:24 – Pricing
23:40 – Activities/services available
30:35 – Sesame Street paid activities
36:20 – Food options
48:40 – Welcoming
51:44 – Sarah’s favorite travel gear
53:51 – Where she is going next
55:32 – Thank you!!
ABOUT SARAH PITTARD
Sarah Pittard is a mom first, and travel writer second. She has a knack for finding adult themed adventure trips and tailoring them to include her children. Lately, they have driven through the state of Alaska and spend weekends hiking in Banff National Park.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT BEACHES TURKS & CAICOS
- The resort is laid out across four villages: Caribbean, French, Italian, and Key West.
- The Caribbean Village pools are very active with older kids due to the volleyball nets and places to eat all around. Plus, if you have younger kids as well the pool area is located right by the infant daycare.
- The Italian village is the most popular spot for families. The pool is located at the center of the resort, which houses a big swim up bar and activities, as well as teams of people to come and play with the older kids and organize activities. They also have a great night life which includes movies by the pool.
- The Key West Village is located more on the outside of the resort and has a bit of a slower pace.
- The French Village is also closest to the waterpark and Sesame Street stage. This village may not be beachside like the rest, but since its recent renovations the village houses a large pool.
- Beaches is expensive and if you are looking to save some money on your booking, you should definitely sign up for their emails because every few months the prices will dip down; for instance booking your trip on Black Friday!
- Unlike other resorts, there is no tipping allowed on the property! This is a strictly enforced policy of the resort. The only place this is allowed in at the spa.
- They are very accommodating when it comes to food allergies. They will go out of there way to make sure your child’s allergies do not get overlooked!
- Keep in mind that there have been some issues recently with cab pricing and safety in some locations. The resort is makes sure there are employees there to greet you when you get through customs and take care of your travel to the resort.
FAVORITE TRAVEL GEAR
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#