Where is the largest amusement park in the Pacific Northwest? Silverwood, just outside of Coeur d’Alene Idaho. Find out more about this lakeside gem and tips for visiting Silverwood as Kim shares her family’s experience this summer.
ON THE PODCAST
00:34 – Sponsor – Allianz Travel
01:40 – Kim’s trip to Idaho
10:08 – Tips for Silverwood Theme Park
15:36 – Where to stay
23:06 – Bike trail
25:38 – Winter activities
28:15 – Coming up
ABOUT ALLIANZ TRAVEL
We all travel for different reasons. Some to get closer as a family and some to get away from it all. Some to discover new sounds, new tastes, and others to discover themselves. No matter your reason, Allianz Travel Insurance is the ultimate wingman—having your back while helping you make the most of every moment. True experts providing protection for all the reasons you travel.
Visit allianztravelinsurance.com, and see what award-winning travel insurance can do for your next trip.
Terms, conditions, and exclusions apply. Plan(s) underwritten by Jefferson Insurance Company or BCS Insurance Company. AGA Service Company is the licensed producer and administrator of these plans.
TIPS FOR VISITING COEUR D’ALENE
- Silverwood amusement park could be considered a hidden gem in the Pacific Northwest. It is also only about 30 minutes north of Coeur d’Alene.
- If you are visiting Silverwood and want to maximize your time, you can arrive early to the theme park before opening time and wait just inside for the park to open. This means that you can go right to a ride rather than waiting in line to get through the turnstile.
- Silverwood sells reusable water bottles and you get free refills all day long.
- The waterpark has lockers that you can rent for the day for 10 dollars and you can go in and out throughout the day. You should also think about bringing a pair of cheap flip flops to leave at the bottom of the slides. Make sure that these are extras not ones that you wore to the park in case the get lost or stolen. The park also offers towels that you can rent but it may just be easier if you bring your own to the park.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites is a really affordable option to stay. They have spacious rooms, an indoor pool and free breakfast.
- When you are planning when to go to Coeur d’Alene, make sure to check out when the Iron Man Marathon is going on because getting a room can get pretty expensive during that time. They can also sell out quickly.
- Outside of the theme park, the lake is a great way to spend an afternoon. You can go kayaking, rent jet skis, go on a float plane trip and more.
- If you are into biking at all; there is a gorgeous paved bike trail in Coeur d’Alene that will take you along part of the lake.
- Schweitzer Mountain offers a lot of different outdoor snow activities. Silver Mountain is more of a challenging mountain that doesn’t have too many beginner runs, but they do offer activities like snowshoeing through the woods.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email or leave us a voicemail at +1.641.715.3900, ext. 926035#. You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!