All of this family time has been great, but when this is all over, I think us moms are going to need a girlfriend getaway. This week, Kim and Tamara chime in with their picks for girlfriend getaway destinations and tips for planning a drama-free trip.
ON THE PODCAST
00:30 – Sponsor – Comrad Socks
01:30 – What we are doing to keep active
03:25 – East coast destinations
09:02 – West coast destinations
12:05 – Different kinds of girlfriend getaways
19:17 – Ski resorts in the summer
23:12 – Trips overseas
24:25 – Planning your trip
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
This episode is sponsored by Comrad Socks. Comrad compression socks are an essential no serious traveler should board a flight without — at least on LA-NY or transoceanic segments — and makes a major difference in how your legs and feet feel during the flight, upon arrival, and the next day. Their aim is to make the best, most stylish, comfortable version of what’s traditionally been a boring but useful product—and that’s why travel customers that already know and wear compression are getting excited about. Receive 20% off your first using discount code VACATIONMAVENS.
GIRLFRIEND GETAWAY DESTINATIONS AND TIPS
- Some of our favorite east coast girlfriend getaway destinations:
- Some of our favorite west coast destinations to have a girls trip.
- Wine Country; would probably make the top of the list for most girls trips. Napa, Sonoma, Santa Rosa to name a few. Going to these destinations does not mean that all you are doing is going to wine tastings. There are a lot of other opportunities there like zip lining, hiking and more.
- San Diego, CA; has some amazing food and some really great resort hotels.
- Hawaii is also a popular getaway since it is much easier to get to from the west coast, even for just a weekend getaway.
- Getting away to Arizona can give you a surprising mix of activities. You can go on some outdoor adventures then come back and have a relaxing spa visit. El Paso, Texas is another surprising girlfriend getaway destination. With its variety of different activities to relax and wind down or get out and try something new and adventurous.
- Ski resorts are not just for the winter. They try to have a lot of activities during the summer as well. Depending on the resort you go to they can offer a wide variety of outdoor activities. Including; ziplining, water parks, hiking trails, slides, adventure courses and much more.
- Depending on where you live in the USA, planning a trip to a different country can be faster and easier to get to than the other side of the US. Ireland, Portugal, and Iceland have all made great girls’ trips.
- Planning a trip with multiple people can be hard but you have to make sure that one person is more of the lead on the trip. This person may have to push and make the hard decisions. Be honest with yourself and the people you are going with, especially when it comes to money. You don’t want to be the one that ends up spending more money because you lent it to someone to cover their part. You also don’t want to be the one that has to back out last minute because you actually can’t afford to go. This might leave everyone else having to pay more if you are splitting costs during the trip.
FOLLOW US AND SPREAD THE WORD!
If you liked this show, please be sure to subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play and leave us a review! Have a question or comment? Send us an email at email@example.com. You can also follow our travels on Stuffed Suitcase and We3Travel, or follow the Vacation Mavens on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for listening!